Saturday 17 January 2015

Basses

I've started works on 3 basss, the design is based on the Jazz Bass but with little differences, one has a mahogany body, a 5 splices maple/ mahogany neck and ebony fret board. The second a ash body with a one piece walnut neck and the third a 3 layers body with figured Sapele top and back and English pine core, this will be a hollow body with an F hole. The neck will be 5 splices mahogany/ maple.
This is the mahogany body
This is the ash body
And this is the Sapele & Pine thineline body
First one almost done, the other two not so far behind. On the first I will spray the body and neck this week and wind a middle pick up. I'll use the Seymour Duncan Hot in the picture for the Ash body one. 

The first bass being test driven by my friend Mark Johnson of Johnner's amplification who I make beautiful amps with. A stunning instrument! More pics will follow








No comments:

Post a Comment